Busy Bag Swap Procedures
This is a conjunctive group. The success of this swap depends on the success of each member. The end goal of 30 different activities for each swapper is only possible so long as each swapper creates 30 bags of the same activities and ships them to the coordinator on time and maintains proper communication with the coordinator.
- Sign up using the form provided when a swap is open. Be sure to specify your activity preferences.
- The form will be open only until the swap is full.
- Once closed, those who signed up will be split into groups of 30 as possible. The names remaining will be kept as fill ins should participants drop out as the swap progresses. The swap groups are assigned on a first come, first serve basis. The sooner you sign up, the more likely you are to be in a group of swappers.
- Activities will be assigned to each swapper in each group based on a first come, first served basis. If there are four people all wanting to do the same activity, the one who signed up first will be assigned that activity. If every one of a swapper's choices are taken, they will be assigned a different activity. (If you have a problem with your assignment, please contact your coordinator right away.)
- Each group of 30 will be assigned to a coordinator. The coordinator will receive their swappers' names, email addresses, and activity assignments.
- The coordinator will email everyone in their group, informing them that they made it in to the swap. All the fill ins will be emailed informing them of their place in line.
- Each swapper is responsible to make sure they receive all emails from their coordinator. If you do not hear anything within a few days of the swap form being closed, you should look in your junk mail folder. If you find nothing there, please contact me.
- Once you receive the email from your coordinator, you should reply acknowledging receipt. It is your responsibility to keep communicating with your coordinator so they know for sure that you are still participating.
- You will have 1 week to pay $12.50, to cover the participation fee and the cost of shipping the 30 different busy bags back to you. The participation fee is $2.00. And $10.50 covers the cost of the medium flat rate box and delivery confirmation. Your shipping payment and participation fee is your ticket into the swap. You will not receive your activity assignment until your payment is received. If it is not received within the week, you will be replaced.
- If you should need to drop out of the swap, please inform you coordinator as soon as possible, BEFORE THE "SHIP BY" DATE, so she can find a fill in, and refund your shipping payment. The participation fee is non-refundable.
- If you should not have your busy bags to your coordinator on time, or drop out AFTER THE "SHIP BY" DATE, your $10.50 shipping deposit will be used by the coordinator to fund a replacement activity to make up for the absence of your activity.
- Once you have received your activity assignment from your coordinator, you will have a time frame for preparing your busy bags and getting them into the mail. This will be 2 weeks from the "send payment by" date, or as specified by the coordinator.
- You are responsible to have your busy bags finished and mailed by the date given by your coordinator. You will also be given a date by which your coordinator will need to receive your busy bags. Please keep this date in mind as you choose your shipping method.
- If your coordinator does not receive your busy bags by the date specified, she will have to send out the boxes without your activity. Please make sure you have your package of busy bags to your coordinator by the date specified.
- Your coordinator will email you when the busy bags boxes have been mailed out to the swappers.
- Wait about 3 business days, and you should have a box of 30 activities waiting for you and your children to enjoy!
Swaps take about 6 weeks from start to finish.
- Form will be open until full (Swaps go fast, so sign up right away!)
- Coordinator will email each participant (within a week of form closing)
- Swappers pay participation fee and shipping payment to coordinator (1 week)
- Swappers assemble and ship busy bags (2 weeks)
- Coordinators receive and repackage busy bags and ship them out (2 weeks)